Northwest Access Exchange - Services
1st port FREE - additional, $295/month
NWAX does not charge activation or setup fees and does not require a contract to join - service is month-to-month - just email email@example.com to get LOA/CFA issued!
- 1000BASE-LX/LH (single-mode 1310nm)
- 10GBASE-LR (single-mode 1310nm)
- 25GBASE-LR (single-mode 1310nm)
- 100GBASE-LR4 (single-mode)
We may be able to support other optic frequencies on single mode fiber (CWDM, DWDM, 1550nm, BiDi, etc…) - please email us to inquire. Note that in these cases the member is required to provide the optics for both ends from a mutually agreeable supplier, the member is responsible for procuring spares, the optics must be programmed to be compatible with the NWAX equipment, and in the future if NWAX switches hardware platforms all responsibility for getting optics compatible with the new switches falls on the member.
Prerequisites: You need an ASN, an account in PeeringDB.com, equipment in the desired colo, and compliant media (see above).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the colo where you want to connect, how many ports, and the speed of the ports.
- We will send you an LOA to use to order the cross-connect.
- When the cross-connect is complete, verify your light levels, and share them with us via email to email@example.com. At that time, let us know if you would like to use LACP.
- Watch for a welcome message from our IXP Manager system, and access your user account.
- We will let you know when the setup is complete and send you instructions for connecting to the route server.
- Make a copy of the member payment onboarding and contact preferences form and have it completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to connect to the route servers
- Refer to our PeeringDB entry
- Log in to IXP Manager at portal.nwax.net and get the MD5 session password
- Establish a peering session with .251, .252 and ::251, ::252 (AS63028)
- Make sure that your BGP session has enforce-first-as set to disabled
Other configuration guides
AMS-IX general guide: https://www.ams-ix.net/ams/documentation/config-guide
NLNOG reference for filtering: https://bgpfilterguide.nlnog.net/
Neighbor configs: https://www.seattleix.net/index.php/faq#config
- IPv6 peering prefix is 2620:124:2000::95/64
- We have port security enabled which should learn whichever MAC you're using when the interface comes up.